Friday, April 4, 2008

first post

Today is the last day of my spring break. I miss Savannah more everyday. I know that if I left my mountain home for there, I would also miss it. The grass is always greener. My trip was refreshing and fun, as always. We did the typical Savannah things-River Street, Bonaventure, Shell House, Breakfast Club, and shopping. If not for my neck we would have gone kayaking in the ocean, one of my favorite things.
I haven't been very productive over my break, aside from reading. I finished two books, and am halfway through a third. All medical, of course. I just can't get enough. I bore Ben discussing Mad Cow, Kuru, Alzheimer's, and how I believe they're related and incurable. Now I'm reading a journal of an abortion provider. I usually stay away from such political things, but this book has been interesting. Protesters will do astoundingly dangerous things, especially when misinformed.
Ok, I didn't start this blog to release my political agenda or to write reviews. I simply like to write. Always have. And with less and less time, this way seemed easier. Plus, I check Ali's blog almost daily for new pictures of my favorite toddler.
I'm nervous about starting clinicals in the morning. Even though I now Northside Cherokee will be a positive experience, I'm not comfortable there yet. Different instructor, different place, different staff. It's also longer hours and a longer distance. I'm worried about my neck. I know I'm "young" but my body doesn't behave that way. Some days I barely survive an 8-hour shift; I get home with a fuzzy memory. What will a 12 hour shift and a 40 minute drive do to me on a bad day? I guess that's why some people told me not to be a nurse. I know I'll do fine and find a way to push myself through the day until I get home. I love it too much to let the physical aspects make me quit. I'm halfway done! There's nothing saying that after school I have to work 12-hour shifts, right?

No comments: